Whale WatchingPacific Ferries and Tours
Vancouver Whale Watching Adventure
From Coal Harbour in downtown Vancouver, you will board one of our fully enclosed and weather protected vessels. Our vessels are equipped with comfortable aircraft reclining seats and onboard washrooms. We also offer plenty of outdoor deck space!
Join us on this epic adventure as we navigate Howe Sound Waters and the Georgia Straight in Vancouver to observe whales in their natural habitat. The three species commonly seen in these water are the southern resident killer whales who feed off salmon which spawn here in the summer, transient killer whales who migrate up and down the coast in search of food, and the Humpback Whales who travel here in the summer to early fall and feed off the small fish in the harbour. Humpback whales can range in size up to 55 feet and weigh up to 40 tons. All whales are intelligent and have individual personalities. Some are curious and may approach the vessel to look us over, while others are shy and will keep away. This tour is filled with lots of adventure!
Our crew will be able to identify the groups and sometimes individual whales for reference. They will go out of their way to ensure that you get the best experience by pointing out a variety of wild life spotted along the tour such as: harbour seals, sea lions, sea birds, and eagles. The onboard guide will engage you with points of interest, historical and fun facts of Vancouver and of course impress you with their knowledge of the wild species you will get to see while on board the whale watching tour.
In addition to learning about the history and biology of the sea, you are guaranteed to indulge on the breathtaking views of Vancouver, the incredible skyline and the majestic mountains along the water. Views that can only be seen from the water!
Why Chose Us
- We are conveniently located in Coal Harbour in the heart of downtown Vancouver.
- Our dock is a few minutes’ walk from the 2010 Olympic Cauldron, Cruise Ship Terminal, iconic Gastown District, all the major hotels and the downtown shopping district
- You will NOT be required to wear survival suits for protection as our vessels are enclosed and protected
- No need for extra layers you can dress comfortably according to the weather
- Our vessels have large observation decks offering an optimal outdoor viewing experience
- All our vessels are equipped with washrooms for your convenience
- We offer complimentary bottled water and snacks
- We ensure you comfort by offering you the most comfortable ride in the industry with actual aircraft reclining seats with folding tables
- We don’t require a 30-minute check-in before departure, we ask that you arrive 15 minutes before departure
Vancouver Whale Watching Tour Information
$145.00 per person
Kids under 5 are free
Operating Dates and Hours
- 10:00 am to 2:00pm: April 16, 2018 to June 15, 2018 and September 17, 2018 to October 31, 2018
- 9:00 am to 1:00pm and 2:00 pm to 6:00pm: June 16, 2018 to September 16, 2018
*Please reserve an additional hour for each tour in case we need to extend the tour to ensure that you see whales.
*Tour will only be extended up to an hour longer at the discretion of the Captain.